Accu-Tune Cam System
What is the Accu-Tune Cam System
All New Patent Pending Accu-TuneTM Cam Technology allows you to achieve optimum performance & accuracy without the need for a press. Just set your rest center shot at 7/8”, shoot your bow through paper or walk-back tune, then turn the dial to adjust the cams left or right to achieve the perfect tune.
You can judge the relative position of the top and bottom cam using the window on the top of the taper lock clamp. As the cam is moved left and right with the Accu-Tune CamTM (ATC) system, the indicator in the window of the taper lock clamp will show the approximate position of the cam for comparison.
For precise adjustments of the Accu-Tune CamTM system please follow the instructions below. You will need a 1/16” and 1/4” hex key to perform adjustments. The ATC system does not require a bow press for adjustments making tuning your Athens bow with the ATC system incredibly fast and easy. The ATC system adjusts in .005” increments with each 1/8th turn of the red tuning dial, providing incredibly precise control over your bow’s tune.
1. Loosen the lock set screw on the top and bottom by 2 full turns with the 1/16” hex key. It is critical that you back it out 2 turns to fully disengage it from the tuning dial. Failure to do so may prevent the locking set screw from properly disengaging.
2. Adjust the cam position by rotating the red tuning dial, with a 1/4" hex key, clockwise or counter-clockwise. Ensure that the top and bottom adjustments are identical. Each 1/8th increment as marked results in approximately .005” of movement. Therefore one full rotatation is approximately .040” of adjustment. The ATC system provides a full 2.5 turns of adjustment (approximately .100”). Use the indicator window on the taper lock clamp to identify which direction the cam is moving in.
3. If you are unsure if the top and bottom are identically adjusted, turn the top and bottom all the way in, counting the number of turns and then backing out identically top and bottom.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 to achieve proper arrow flight.
5. Turn the red tuning dial so that it ends up on a one of the 1/8th lines for final adjustment. This will ensure that the lock set screw properly engages the tuning dial and locks the adjustment in place. The tuning dial should be moved in 1/8th turns equally top and bottom and the nearest desired tuning positon line on the dial should match up with the line on the taper lock clamp. Once aligned, tighten the set screw until snug to lock the ATC system. Do not over-tighten!
6. Ensure that all fasteners are snug prior to shooting your bow.