Thread: Handling unresolved questions in the bible.....

Handling unresolved questions in the bible.....

So, I was reading a thread over at AT. Which I really don't ever partake in the political threads over there. But, it did spur a question or two to appear. So here we go. And before I begin please do understand that I know that it may rattle some cages and that I am in no way trying to. So, you have been warned...LOL

(And after I typed all this, my question about Gen and the contradiction of creations just got answered. LOL How crazy is that? I was typing and searching on my phone to reference something and BOOM! But, I will go onto another.)

So, I'm going to throw in some words from Paul Copan.

Because God is truthful, we can expect His written self-revelation(in the original manuscripts) to be truthful to what he affirms. But, not everything in the Scripture is perfectly clear. The Apostle Peter admitted that Paul's writing are hard to understand in places (2 Pt 3:15-16). Besides sophisticated theological material, historical distance and cultural differences exist between biblical world and our own. What was apparent to Israel and the early church may appear less clear to us today. Yet lack of clarity doesn't equal discrepancy.

1) I will say it baffles my mind why some of the books were left out of today's bible. Trying to research it gives me a headache but still I try. I find that the Romans seemed to have a field day with this as well as the Catholic church in early times. But, yet you can find to this day the books left out and even to why they were. BUT, even though we know it don't question it. But, rather just except it. Lets say some of the books were viewed as incapable with Church Doctrine.
    Others (like the "Life of Adam and Eve") were judged irrelevant because they were written too late. Is it because they were not considered "God breathed or inspired"?????

2) Yeshua is the Hebrew name for the Lord. It means "Yahweh [the Lord] is Salvation." The English spelling of Yeshua is "Joshua.” However, when translated from Hebrew into the Greek, the name Yeshua becomes Iēsous. The English spelling for Iēsous is Jesus. Basically, what this means is Joshua and Jesus are the same name. One is translated from Hebrew into English, the other from Greek into English. It is also interesting to note, the names "Joshua" and "Isaiah" are essentially the same names as Yeshua in Hebrew. They mean "Savior" and "the salvation of the Lord."
    So.....with that. Is it safe to assume that the lord knows who we call upon when we pray? Or have we been lead astray with the problem of translations over the years. I guess what Im trying to say is. Which true name are we supposed to be using and or does it matter. Hope this makes sense to you all?

I would love to talk about the above. I think my head seems to spin at times with questions like these. Even more so as I type them.

Thoughts? Ideas? etc etc.
    I give thanks each and every day to my daughter whom teaches me more about life each day than I have learned as a man for 35 years. She is my rock and a Warrior!
    May your wings forever soar above us all! Rest in Peace Baby Girl! Daddy and Mommy love you and miss you very much! 11-16-2004 to 9-02-2012

OK.... Here are my two cents. I believe that as Christians we are called to have a greater understanding of the Bible so that we will be equiped to answer questions that unbelievers have. We should also understand the Bible so that we may know how to live lives that are pleasing to Christ.

Certain people are given a better understanding of the Bible. God gives us all spiritual gifts and each person is gifted differently from the next. Basially what I am saying is that I accept there are certain things in the Bible that I don't 100% understand at this point in my life. God has not chosen to reveal certain things to me. I believe that somethings God leaves it up to us to interperet as we get to know him better. There are also things that are absolutes (which should never be twisted or interpereted different than what it actually means). Example: The 10 commandments, etc.

I also know that Jesus said to come to Him with the faith of a child. I will say that again... come to Him with Child-like faith. Believe in the Lord and you will be saved. That is not, get a doctorate in pastoral studies, learn both the Greek and Hebrew original manuscrips, etc. Don't get me wrong... I admire and am very thankful for those who have dedicated their lives to learning and preaching the true Word of God. I just wanted to encourage those who think that you have to have a vast understanding of Bible to be a true Christian. Please don't take this as an excuse not to read the Bible and ask God to reveal Himself to you. I encourage you to study and search for your own answers.
    Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff
    MonsterRAXX Pro Staff
    Need a custom tune-Check out Tater's Archery Solutions
    Phil 4:13 ... God, Family, Archery

Dave, thanks for your time and input. I appreciate it greatly......

Makes great sense. I am always curious to others interpretations of it. I went to the Lord with an open and empty heart. I excepted the Lord and asked him to guide me in all ways of my life.

I also though thirst for knowledge every day, its just part of who I am....always has been. When I have a question, I am always drawn to seek out an answer for it. For example. I have often times been curious about the creations in Gen. Today while surfing another form it reared its head again. This time I started to search out for a answer(be it here or else where). While I was searching and posting here. The answer revealed itself to me in a way that made great sense. I will no longer have to worry about that question and will have an answer to it should another ask it to me. Thats why I love "most" of the time a open dialog of discussion. I feel that it feeds that hunger that a lot of us have at times.
    I give thanks each and every day to my daughter whom teaches me more about life each day than I have learned as a man for 35 years. She is my rock and a Warrior!
    May your wings forever soar above us all! Rest in Peace Baby Girl! Daddy and Mommy love you and miss you very much! 11-16-2004 to 9-02-2012

No problem... It sounds like you are a man after Gods heart. I admire that. Keep searching for answers and keep digging into His Word. God will bless you for your perserverence. I am glad that you were able to find the answer that you were searching for today. God is good.

Hopefully we will continue to each grow as men of Christ. "As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."

God bless.
    Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff
    MonsterRAXX Pro Staff
    Need a custom tune-Check out Tater's Archery Solutions
    Phil 4:13 ... God, Family, Archery

Quote Originally Posted by R120 View Post
    OK.... Here are my two cents. I believe that as Christians we are called to have a greater understanding of the Bible so that we will be equiped to answer questions that unbelievers have. We should also understand the Bible so that we may know how to live lives that are pleasing to Christ.

Certain people are given a better understanding of the Bible. God gives us all spiritual gifts and each person is gifted differently from the next. Basially what I am saying is that I accept there are certain things in the Bible that I don't 100% understand at this point in my life. God has not chosen to reveal certain things to me. I believe that somethings God leaves it up to us to interperet as we get to know him better. There are also things that are absolutes (which should never be twisted or interpereted different than what it actually means). Example: The 10 commandments, etc.

I also know that Jesus said to come to Him with the faith of a child. I will say that again... come to Him with Child-like faith. Believe in the Lord and you will be saved. That is not, get a doctorate in pastoral studies, learn both the Greek and Hebrew original manuscrips, etc. Don't get me wrong... I admire and am very thankful for those who have dedicated their lives to learning and preaching the true Word of God. I just wanted to encourage those who think that you have to have a vast understanding of Bible to be a true Christian. Please don't take this as an excuse not to read the Bible and ask God to reveal Himself to you. I encourage you to study and search for your own answers.

Very good.

I like to think of it like this.....all it requires is for one to love God, accept Christ as your personal savior and be baptised (if possible). At this point, you are saved. I do believe because of this act and the fact we are unable as humans to accept something we feel we don't deserve that we dive into the Word. We try to learn, we are constantly seeking and the more we learn the more awestruck and God fearing we become. It drives us to try to learn even more, become a better person, be more Christ-like (I am not real comfortable with that term as we all pale in comparison) and to grow exponentially in Christ. It is a freaky transformation.....for most you accept and then learn. For some, you learn and learn and learn and learn.............THEN when you can't seem to find anything else that gives you the answers you accept.

Jesus clearly says to seek him and you will find him when you seek him with all of your Heart! It's always a Heart issue! The word of God never returns void but goes out to serve its purpose and Jesus also says that he stands at the door and knocks its up to everyone to open the door or leave it closed!~Refuse to Lose~2012>www.teamgreene.net